Microorganisms are found in every habitat in nature.Some are of beneficial to human and other animals but others are pathogenic and therefore cause diseases.The following are facts about microorganisms:
- Microorganisms causes more than 9o% of diseases(pathogenic)
Several diseases which has hound human race for long time is caused by microorganisms eg,Leprosy,which is the oldest compared to the most recent like Zika,Ebola and HIV/AIDS.Others include Meningitis and Yellow fever the list is long.
- They help human and animals in several ways i.e digestion of food in the gut,used in some industries to ferment milk and others are used in manufacturing industries.They also play a role in breaking down of dead organisms.
- They are the most abundant spicies on Earth
- Their rate of mutation is so high that they become resistant to drugs within a shortest time.
- Its hard to be eradicated hence has became nuisance to human beings and animals appearing and disappearing.
- Vaccines are commonly used to prevent its spread.
- Alcohol is the most effective used agent to kill microorganisms